John Pierre Centre Board Opportunity
The John Pierce Centre (JPC) – looking after the needs of the Deaf Community in Victoria – is opening up invitations for enthusiastic individuals to join us as a Director on the JPC Board. This role gives you the opportunity to help shape the governance and future of the JPC to provide ongoing support to the Deaf Community in Victoria.
Our not-for-profit, independent Organisation will be a great addition to your Board Director career. We are a friendly, yet well-organised group of professionals who care about the JPC and the lives of our Deaf Community in Victoria.
This is a voluntary Board Director role. Your time commitment is primarily to meet at JPC every 2 months on a Wednesday evening, 6pm – 8pm, for the Board Meeting. You also take part on an additional Committee, which also meets every 2 months, at a time to suit the members of the Committee.
We are looking for the following general attributes:
- Leadership experience in one of financial, human resources, quality or risk management.
- Knowledge of Director’s responsibilities, including legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities.
- An ability to work in a respectful and inclusive manner with the Deaf Community.
- Understanding that a not-for-profit must use its resources well to further its mission.
- Good business acumen.
- Understanding or some experience in the Deaf Community’s culture will be a great advantage.
- Time Commitment:
- Board Meeting – Bi Monthly – 2 hours
- Committee Meeting – Bi Monthly – 1 hour
- Hours outside of Meetings – about 1 hour per month.
We welcome Deaf, Hearing and CODA (Children of Deaf Adults) applicants to apply.
Your role will make a significant contribution to the longevity and success of our Organisation and will enable us to keep making a positive difference for the Deaf Community in Victoria.
Apply in writing to: Carmel Phillips
John Pierce Centre
mobile: 0414 427 386 (text only)